Costa Rica Big Game Fishing - Summer Itinerary
COSTA RICA BIG GAME FISHING ADVENTURE
Late May - Mid August
- Arrival in Liberia, Costa Rica and “Meet & Greet”.
- Transfer and check in to El Ocotal Resort, (25 minute ride).
- Enjoy a delicious lunch as well as afternoon free-time at the private beach or one of three pools.
- Begin each morning with a sumptuous buffet breakfast.
- Prepare to meet your boat at the beach between 7:00 – 7:30 a.m.
- Three full days fishing the calm blue Pacific. We are always in sight of land.
- Lunch and fresh fruits, along with water, soft drinks and cold beer, will be served onboard.
- Boats begin their return home approximately 3:30 p.m. in order to arrive prior to sunset at 6:00 p.m.
- Enjoy the beautiful sunset and sights from the restaurant’s veranda on the hilltop.
- Delicious evening meals feature the “freshest in seafood”, as well as other entrees.
- After breakfast, prepare to depart your El Ocotal Resort via bus transport.
- As time allows, we will offer shopping and sightseeing stops along the way to airport.
- Check in at the International Airport for departure home.
- Prepare to pay a departure tax of $30 U.S. per person (credit cards accepted).
NOTE: Each sportfishing boat has a Captain and mate(s) with State-of-the-Art Big Gamefishing equipment. You will enjoy three full days of World Class, Big Game fishing action on calm seas in sight of land. We typically run for about one hour to get to the best action, however, sometimes the bite is only 10 or 12 miles off the beach.
FISH: You can expect to see Pacific Sailfish, Blue/Black/Stripe Marlin, Tuna, and Dorado in the offshore areas. Near the rocky shoreline of Playa Blanco, you will typically see giant Roosterfish, Sailfish, Snapper, Grouper, and Amberjack.
TIPS: Suggested tip for Boat Captain and mate(s) is a minimum of $100 U.S. per angler at the end of the three full days of fishing. Your gratuity is divided accordingly. If you feel you would like to provide a larger than minimum tip for the excellent service that the boat staff provided you, please feel free to do so. It is greatly appreciated!